This Learning With Digital Games Guide originated from a blog series published by Amplify with the purpose of using the largely untapped potential of digital games to deliver effective game-based learning experiences for the digital generations. This guide is an abridged version of the blog series chock-full of extra resources for educators either using, or contemplating using, gaming during instruction.
In this guide, parents, educators, and other stakeholders invested in the success of the digital generations will:
• examine the ubiquitous, pervasive nature of digital games and their grasp upon the digital generations;
• define the essential vocabulary associated with digital games, digital game-based learning, gamification, and other related terms;
• analyze the current research related to digital gaming and learning;
• compare and contrast the various platforms digital games are played on and their potential for individual, small-group, or large-scale digital game-based learning implementation;
• examine the criteria for selecting quality digital games for instruction;
• analyze the various ways digital games can be used by learners at home or incorporated into classroom instruction at school; and
• observe testimonials of digital game-based learning in various academic programs like Amplify Reading.
You must log in and be a buyer of this item to submit a review.
|Grade levels||Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade|
|Resource types||Critical Thinking, Games, Hands-on learning, Independent practice, Inquiry, Personal Growth, Research|
|Additional images (optional)|
|Is editable content included?||No|
|Supported file formats|